Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dolce & Gabbana Beauty Haul

I am in love.. with a cosmetics brand!

A couple of years ago, my friend tried Dolce & Gabbana's perfume in "Light Blue", and it was exquisite. I own the fragrance myself now, and it's the perfect feminine scent that is fresh with a trace of orange. I will do a fragrance round up soon, but on to the Dolce & Grabbana beauty products I picked up!

Dolce & Gabbana beauty products are available at Saks Fifth Avenue, so I went ahead and decided to order a couple of things from www.saksfifthavenue.com. I decided to try one of their nail colors in "Stromboli", and one of their Shine lipsticks in "Fascination." Stromboli is a black polish with gold glitter, similar in a way to MAC's "Seriously Hip" polish.



I just love this packaging, and definitely intend to purchase more from this line, though I wish there were more shades. I would say the formula of this polish is similar to Chanel's Le Vernis polishes.



I can't stress enough that Dolce & Gabbana beauty products are now among my favourites. Especially Stromboli.. the packaging and colour are so luxe.

The Shine lipstick I picked up was in the shade "Fascination", which is a beautiful bright medium tone pink.






The consistency is beautiful and creamy yet sheer- perfect and long wearing. The one thing that is different about this lipstick is the smell. It has a strong scent which is exactly like Guerlain's meteorite perles. The scent fades once you apply it to your lips, but if scents bother you, you may not be a fan. I love the embossed DG on the lipstick. It almost ..ALMOST..makes me not want to use it!





I will be asking for a backup for Christmas! (If I don't use this up by then!)

I've placed another Saks order for Petal nail color, and Emotion Shine lipstick. I will do a post in the future about those items once they arrive.

If I could recommend only one item from D&G beauty, it would be Stromboli nail color! It's a must have in my opinion- 5 out of 5. Fascination, though my new favourite shade, gets a 4 out of 5 because of the strong smell.

Thanks for your time everyone! Please comment, and check out my youtube channel, and me on youtube- screen name- dvsdawl!
Brynn

No comments:

Post a Comment